[sc34wg3] SAM sub-agenda

14 May 2002 00:22:40 +0200

Graham and I propose that the part of the WG3 meeting given to the SAM
should discuss the following issues in order:

 1. The approach taken to defining concepts such as "topic map",
    "subject", "topic", "reification", etc.

 2. A naming policy with respect to "type" and "class". (type-vs-class)

 3. Decide on a representation of the classes of topics:

    a) direct property (only unscoped),

    b) direct property and associations, or

    c) only associations.

    (prop-classes)

 4. The topic naming constraint. Should it stay or should it go?
    (topic-naming-constraint)

 5. Do we need a [schema] property? (prop-schema)

 6. Is it acceptable for source locator properties to have a semantic
    impact on the model? (prop-reifier-computed)

 7. Terminology alignment XTM 1.0 / ISO 13250:2000 / SAM

In addition, it should be possible for participants to raise new
issues related to the SAM draft, but most likely it will be better to
just record these and postpone discussion of them to email or later
meetings.