[sc34wg3] Request for input to WG3 agenda, Barcelona meeting

Graham Moore sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 3 May 2002 18:24:30 +0100

The document on the formal models will be posted tuesday next week - =
Thanks to Jim, I even have a doc number :)

gra

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Pepper [mailto:pepper@ontopia.net]
Sent: 03 May 2002 12:20
To: sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Subject: [sc34wg3] Request for input to WG3 agenda, Barcelona meeting

There is going to be a lot to get through at the WG3 meeting in =
Barcelona,=20
so I would like input on how to plan the agenda in more detail.

In particular, I would like Steve and Michel (on the one hand) and Lars=20
Marius and Graham (on the other) to suggest how they would like to=20
structure the discussions on the Reference Model and Standard =
Application=20
Model, respectively.

The agenda I sent out recently looks as follows:

   1. Formalities
   Greetings, roll call, approval of draft agenda, meeting times, and =
the
   like.

   2. Reference Model for ISO 13250 Topic Maps
   Discussion of the proposed Reference Model for topic maps, described
   in N298R1, "A Draft Reference Model for ISO 13250 Topic Maps",
   available at http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0298R1.htm.

   3. Standard Application Model for ISO 13250 Topic Maps
   Discussion of the Editors' draft "The Standard Application Model for
   ISO 13250 Topic Maps" (NXXX), available shortly at http://
   www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0XXX.htm.

   4. Topic Map Query Language (TMQL)
   Report from the editors on the current status.

   5. Topic Map Constraint Language (TMCL)
   Report from the editor on the current status.

Graham has requested time to present a formal model for the RM and SAM, =
in=20
order to show the relationship between the two, and also some time to=20
"summarize his thinking" on TOMAS (Topic Map Addressing Scheme).

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)