[sc34wg3] Scope in the dRM

Martin Bryan sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:10:42 +0100

Steve Pepper wrote:
> Judging by the first diagram in the draft Reference Model document posted
> by Steve and Michel, scope is no longer part of the Reference Model. This
> surprised me because I had the impression as recently as three weeks ago
> (at KT2002 in Seattle) that it *was* part of the RM...
>
> [I would how can something as fundamental as this can change so quickly --
> and when can we consider the reference model to be reasonably stable from
> the authors' point of view? Sigh.]

This was my reading of the simplified model as well, not to mention that
there are still a range of ISO 13250 features that are not covered by the
model, despite the fact that it claims to be a formal model for the
standard. Partial models for the standard should be clearly identified as
being (very) partial :-(

> I realise that scope really is now gone from the Reference Model.
Obviously
> this is something that needs to be discussed seriously. Is everybody happy
> with this?

No.

Martin