[sc34wg3] Re: Public Interest and ISO WAS: [topicmapmail] <mergeMap> quest ions

Steven R. Newcomb sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:15:24 -0500

[James Mason:]
> At the risk of inflaming some of the participants
> further, I'm going to say something on behalf of the
> ISO process.

The ISO process reminds me of Winston Churchill's
famous remark about democracy, that democracy is a very
bad form of government, but all the alternatives are
even worse.  I don't know of anyone who has complained
more loudly or bitterly about ISO than I have, but I'm
still working within it, and I have no intention of
leaving.  Although I hardly ever admit it, I'm glad
that ISO is what it is.

Jim, you came dangerously close in your note to telling
the truth about Charles Goldfarb's best-kept secret:
his unshakable intention to do the right thing.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com