[tmql-wg] How to proceed with TMQL?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ontopia.net
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:20:21 +0100

* Rani Pinchuk

| I believe that no language (including mine) should be chosen without
| including features I find in other languages.

I expect we all agree on that. :-)

The real question is, which bits should we take from where? What's
good and bad about each, and what sort of compromise can be found weld
the good bits together into a cohesive whole. That, I think, is the
challenge in front of us.

| But because we are all so objective toward our own children :-), I
| would like to suggest that apart from presenting our own solutions
| we will have another presentation (of at least the same duration)
| where we try to choose one language that is not ourselves, or even
| list the features we like in other languages that are not the
| language we suggest.

Heh! I tried to suggest that to Steve. The suggestion did not fly. :)

Who else thinks this is a good idea?