[tmql-wg] How to proceed with TMQL?

Rani Pinchuk Rani.Pinchuk@spaceapplications.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:06:17 +0100

> I would like to suggest a session (at the start of the meeting?) in
> which each person who has put forward a language proposal gets to
> state his very clear opinion. In other words, Robert, Dmitry, Rani
> and Lars Marius should tell us which alternative (AsTMa? / TMPath /
> toma / tolog / some hybrid) he thinks we should chose as the basis
> for TMQL and why. They should point out very clearly the strengths
> of their chosen alternative and the weaknesses of the others.
>
> This probably means they will have to sing the praises of their own
> proposals, which I know will be difficult because they are all so
> modest :-)  But it has to be done, and I think it is perhaps the
> most useful way to proceed. I know it would help me immeasurably.
>
> I suggest that 30 mins per person should be enough for this exercise.

I believe that no language (including mine) should be chosen without
including features I find in other languages.

But because we are all so objective toward our own children :-), I would
like to suggest that apart from presenting our own solutions we will
have another presentation (of at least the same duration) where we try
to choose one language that is not ourselves, or even list the features
we like in other languages that are not the language we suggest.

Rani

--
Rani Pinchuk
Software Engineer