[sc34wg3] Slides for XTM 2.1 discussion

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Mon Nov 2 08:06:15 CST 2009

Steve,

Other than your personal suspicion of "confusion" by introduction of a
new version of XTM do you have any other evidence on that point?

The reason I ask is that I quite recently voted on DocBook 5.0, which
has had more than a couple of versions since I first encountered it (I
think it was pre-1.0) and so far as I know neither developers nor the
user community around DocBook have been "confused" by different versions
of the standard.

I think the changes are warranted and merit a new version number.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: My only concern with an amendment is that the scope be limited to
the issues now before us so we don't unnecessarily subtract time and
resources from TMQL and TMCL.