[sc34wg3] TMQL vs. CTM: ako / isa built-ins

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Nov 6 08:48:53 EST 2007

* Lars Heuer

> The current TMQL spec states that the built-ins "isa" and "ako" (aka
> "iko") are written in infix notation (producation [X] and [Y]).
>
> CTM supports prefix and infix notation for the built-ins. Is it
> valuable to align TMQL with CTM's behaviour?

I think TMQL is more than big enough as it is, and that if we are to
change it in any way we should make it smaller, rather than bigger.

I guess CTM supported both prefix and infix because isa and ako used
to be templates. Now that they are becoming built-in (they are,
right?), why not just limit them to infix?

--Lars M.