[sc34wg3] CTM Comments

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Mar 30 07:20:32 EDT 2007

Hi Robert,

> In the following a write-up of (editorial) comments I had for the
> Oslo version. Some things might be obsolete, sorry for that. If things

Thanks for your comments.

> - reification
>   I still wonder why this is not
>   mymap ~ ctm:self

It is now settled to

   ~ mymap
   descr: "This is my first map"

The notation you propose wouldn't work, since ctm:self will be
expanded to a subject identifier and the code above will say:

   The topic with the subject identifier "ctm:self" *reifies* the
   topic with the identifier "mymap".

Which is not possible (the topic ctm:self and the topic mymap must be
merged into one topic).

> - 3.3.4
>   Which 'topic' is referred to? Maybe use the parent node/context?

The topic that is specified by either an item identifier, subject
locator or subject identifier. It has nothing to do with the 'parent
context'. If someone writes

     member-of(member: john, band: the-beatles)

the "member-of", "member", "john", "band" and "the-beatles" are topic