[sc34wg3] XTM 2.0 - resourceData bug

Steven R. Newcomb srn at coolheads.com
Fri Mar 17 09:46:33 EST 2006

"Steve Pepper" <pepper at ontopia.net> writes:

> Here is a second posting from Lars regarding XTM that for some
> reason didn't make it to the list.

We found some time to deal with this more quickly than we expected!

It's working fine, as far as we can tell.  Everybody got both
messages, according to the logs.  Perhaps the actual bounce occurred
when our server was down for hardware repair and software upgrade,
during the 13th-14th of March.  Or, maybe the problem was that it's so
easy to misinterpret the

as meaning that the note bounced.  (That's not what it means.)

Our server upgrade took full effect around 17:00 Eastern US time (GMT
- 5:00) on March 14th.  There was a period of about 4 hours just
before that time when the server was up but not behaving quite
properly.

Please let me know immediately if there's any further problem.

By the way, the server upgrade included better logging of "security
events".  It's eye-opening to see what a jungle it is out there on the
internet these days.  Our firewall is being probed constantly, and in
a wide variety of ways.  What a waste of processing and bandwidth!

-- Steve

Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
Coolheads Consulting

Co-editor, Topic Maps International Standard (ISO/IEC 13250)
Co-editor, draft Topic Maps -- Reference Model (ISO/IEC 13250-5)

srn at coolheads.com
http://www.coolheads.com

direct: +1 540 951 9773
main:   +1 540 951 9774