[sc34wg3] RM workshop agenda

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:36:54 +0200

* Patrick Durusau

| Apologies for the delayed response! I have been at a meetings at
| very historical and attractive places but sans very good
| communication infrastructure. Just arrived in Amsterdam (leave to
| Montreal tomorrow) and so am once again online!

I suspected this was why you were quiet, as I knew you were
travelling. :)

| I will try to crank something out in the morning before I leave but
| I would suggest something along the following lines:
|
| 1. Requirements for a reference model (anyone agree with should start
|    with the prior draft we composed in Montreal last summer?)
|
| 2. Quick overview (and I do mean quick) of the various proposals in
|    light of #1 (Perhaps spend the morning, if that long on #1 and say
|    30 minutes on each proposal in the early afternoon?)
|
| Think that such a process should put us in a position of having a
| collective sense of where we all are on the reference model question.

I think that sounds good. I think the last requirements draft will
work for you & SRN, but I'm not sure it will work for anyone else. It
may be that point 1 will actually take up the whole workshop. We'll
see. (For my take on the requirements, see the four bullet points at
the start of my proposal.)

| I am not sure if I am "responsible" for the agenda (but I did
| arrange for the room) and would welcome any comments or suggestions
| that would allow us to forge a common understanding of the agenda
| for the meeting.

We just want someone who can handle it. If you do that's fine. I think
you're the most natural person to do it.

| BTW, I have seen only briefly the traffic on your proposal and your
| comments concerning TMQL.
|
| From my perspective, a reference model for topic maps should support
| "topic maps" in the sense of ISO 13250 and any ancillary standards
| for topic maps, and not be limited to supporting TMQL/TMCL.

I know, but I don't agree. No surprise there, I suppose.