[sc34wg3] RM workshop agenda

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:26:23 -0400

Lars,

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> Do we have an agenda for the RM workshop? Does anyone consider
> themselves responsible for creating one? I think it's very important
> that we have an agenda before we arrive, in order to make sure we have
> a productive meeting. If nobody else wants the task I can take it on,
> but I don't want to step on any toes here.

Apologies for the delayed response! I have been at a meetings at very
historical and attractive places but sans very good communication
infrastructure. Just arrived in Amsterdam (leave to Montreal tomorrow)
and so am once again online!

When did you ever step on any toes? Heads yes, but toes? ;-)

I will try to crank something out in the morning before I leave but I
would suggest something along the following lines:

1. Requirements for a reference model (anyone agree with should start
with the prior draft we composed in Montreal last summer?)

2. Quick overview (and I do mean quick) of the various proposals in
light of #1 (Perhaps spend the morning, if that long on #1 and say 30
minutes on each proposal in the early afternoon?)

Think that such a process should put us in a position of having a
collective sense of where we all are on the reference model question.

I am not sure if I am "responsible" for the agenda (but I did arrange
for the room) and would welcome any comments or suggestions that would
allow us to forge a common understanding of the agenda for the meeting.

BTW, I have seen only briefly the traffic on your proposal and your
comments concerning TMQL.

 From my perspective, a reference model for topic maps should support
"topic maps" in the sense of ISO 13250 and any ancillary standards for
topic maps, and not be limited to supporting TMQL/TMCL.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau