[sc34wg3] TNC backward compatibility

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:11:38 -0800

* Lars Marius Garshol

> I agree with all of what Steve says, but would like to add a SAM quote
> here:
>
>   "The properties of topic items that do not represent topic
>   characteristics are not statements about the subject; they are
>   statements about the topic. As such they are part of the topic map
>   machinery, rather than statements about the subject represented in
>   the topic map."     -- SAM, 3.4.2

This is good. However, I think that if SAM talks about <subjectIdentity>
here it should be explicitly stated as such.
Otherwise only few people will understand the meaning of this rather
abstract paragraph.
I thought that SAM should be closer to the syntax then RM.
Just some of my late night thoughts. :-)

--Nikita.