[sc34wg3] Future of the WG

Andrew S. Townley ast at atownley.org
Fri Nov 4 01:36:25 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Quick email to apologize for not sending anything through earlier about this.  Unfortunately, I'm on-site all this week so I can't attend the meeting.

I did want to add a general sense of agreement with what I've seen so far regarding the way forward.  I think the combined experience of the topic maps community can add a lot of insight and wisdom to many problems people new to semantic technologies and large-scale information management are having right now.  In many cases, some of these issues come from lack of these very characteristics, and they may not even be aware that to do this properly, you have to shift the way you think about the world rather dramatically.

I believe that the WG could provide a collection and publication point for that wisdom, and I think this would add a lot of value for a lot of people.  We just need to do it in the right way--even if I'm not sure exactly what that may mean right now.

Again, apologies for the late input and unavailability for later.  Hope you all have a great discussion!

Cheers,

ast
--
Andrew S. Townley <ast at atownley.org>