[sc34wg3] MS Access and topic maps?

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Fri Nov 4 10:28:05 EDT 2011

Greetings!

I ran across the following request for assistance dated 26 Oct 2011 in
one of my automated web scans:

> Can anyone provide some guidance in implementing the Topic Maps
> standards using Microsoft Access to a novice database designer? An
> article titled "Using Topic Maps to Extend Relational Databases" by
> Marc de Graauw provides the basics. I want to create a content
> managment system for 4 insurance contracts, associated fill-in-the-
> blank forms, process diagrams, letters, & similar. My method would be
> to start by creating a back-of-the-book-type index of topics,
> occurrances, & associations on paper; and then translating it to
> Access. If I could find someone who UNDERSTANDS THE TOPIC MAP
> STANDARDS to get me started with the work on paper, I bet I could work
> on my own for a while using De Graauw's article. I would still need
> more help designing the tables properly.

If you have MS Access experience please consider stepping up and helping.

Reply at:

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access/129555/Topic-maps-Microsoft-Access

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net