[sc34wg3] Notation in TMCL 3.3-3.10

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Mon Mar 29 20:45:40 EDT 2010

Greetings,

This is more of a style issue than a bug so I am posting it to the list.

The mixture of "at," "t," "a," and the notation from the TMDM, [parent],
and [roles played] is really annoying.

Particularly since the typeface difference for "at," and "t," for
example is barely distinguished from the surrounding text.

And, there is no reference that even points to the TMDM as the source of
the other notation.

I realize it would not be easy but since the TMDM constructs only occur
here (and in 6.3 to 6.6, [type]), could we have a uniform notation that
is defined in TMCL?

May I suggest *t* bold face for the variables?

I really have too much other stuff to do but would be willing to
volunteer to work up a proposal for a syntax to replace the TMDM
constructs with something defined in TMCL. It is difficult enough
without switching notations on people.

Remember, the question isn't whether the editors understand the text as
written but whether other people will be able to understand the text as
written.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--