[sc34wg3] Topic Maps Update Language?

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Apr 2 09:30:39 EDT 2010

Hi Inge,

> Now that version 1 of the Topic Maps Query Language is close to finished

Is this the case?

>  I should imagine that such a standard would be rather quick to complete?!

Personally, I think it's too early to start with such a project. I'd
wait for a stable TMQL draft or put more energy into TMQL rather than
to start the next project.

Although it may be more or less easy to complete. The TMLab has a
proposal for updates / inserts / deletes on top of TMQL [1] which
looks similar to the tolog update language [2].
Both use CTM with variables and the WHERE clause indicates which
conditions must be met to insert / update the topic map with the
provided CTM fragment.

[1] <http://tmql4j.topicmapslab.de/#_insert_expressions>
[2] <http://www.slideshare.net/larsga/tolog-updates>

Best regards,