[sc34wg3] XTM 2.0 topicRef - proposal for an erratum

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Sep 30 08:32:15 EDT 2009

[...]
> I think this item-identifier-philia of XTM 2.0 has to be fixed. No
> other, modern Topic Maps syntax requires that many item identifiers.

I.e. it's not possible to convert a topic map (without any item
identifier) encoded in TM/XML, CTM, or JTM into a XTM 2.0
representation without generating additional item identifiers.

IMO this is not acceptable for an "[...] interchange syntax for Topic
Maps, which can be used to interchange instances of the data model
defined in [ISO/IEC 13250-2]" [1]

[1] <http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/sam-xtm/#scope>

Best regards,
Lars