[sc34wg3] TMQL Enterprise Information Integration

Rani Pinchuk rani.pinchuk at spaceapplications.com
Wed Sep 9 08:05:01 EDT 2009

Dear Patrick,

I cannot see how this feature is related to TMQL.

If I understood what you mean, we call it Integration Layer. So to
create a Topic Maps "view" over (for example) several different
relational databases. That means that at least part of the data in the
topic map comes from different data stores.
I know that Lutz Maicher is interested in this. Robert Barta called this
Topic Maps bridges (as far as I recall). We also played with this idea
in one project, and plan to go a bit further with this in the future.

However, the whole point in the integration layer is that it does not
affect the Topic Maps tools and APIs you use. So you keep using the very
same TMQL you used to use over your topic maps, just that behind the
scenes, parts of the topic map are spread over different data stores.

Kind regards,

Rani

--
Rani Pinchuk