[sc34wg3] TMQL - Short vs. formal syntax

Inge Henriksen inge.henriksen at bouvet.no
Fri Sep 4 05:14:08 EDT 2009

Oh, and one more thing, I believe that a programming language should use a word when one special character is not enough to describe an operator or whatever, some examples from the Path expressions:

"<<" could be "LEFT",
">>" "RIGHT"
, "<~~" "REIFIED LEFT"
, and "~~>" "REIFIED RIGHT"

etc.

It is good to keep in mind that humans are the ones that are supposed to be the programmers here, and for me personally (I'm a programmer) it's easier to remember and comprehend words rather than a combination of special characters. Single special character operators are fine though.

Kind regards,
Inge.