[sc34wg3] TMQL: Input requirements

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Thu Sep 3 15:49:56 EDT 2009

Greetings!

Looking over the old requirements
(http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0448.htm) and encountered:

> TMQL MUST allow to specify queries shall be able to span over multiple
> topic maps. This is to say, that TMQL should allow querying of topic
> maps stored in a distributed fashion.
Err, that is two separate requirements, yes?

1. Queries are executed over 2 or more topic maps (storage irrelevant).

2. Queries are executed over 1 or more topic maps stored in a
distributed fashion (that is the topic map(s) present a single interface
for queries).

The reason I ask is that #2 seems to me to be a question of how
distributed storage of a map is managed and what interface it presents
to any TMQL engine. Not something that TMQL can really define.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau