[sc34wg3] Topic naming constraint question

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Sat Oct 31 03:40:35 EDT 2009

* Steve Pepper

> Are Naito-san and I really the only two users of non-SAE languages
> [2] that care about variant names? Are they not widely used in Korea
> and China, for example, as well as Japan? What about topic maps in
> Cyrillic, Arabic, Devanagari, etc. etc.?

So far there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for supporting variant
names in TMCL. The biggest problem with adding support is that variant
names have no type, and so it is difficult to see how to express the
matching part of the constraint. In all other constraints we use
tmcl:constrain-statement or something similar, but that doesn't work
for variants.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/