[sc34wg3] TMQL Path language - variant with typefilter

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Thu Nov 26 03:35:38 EST 2009

* Inge Henriksen

> I suggest that if you said variant::typefilter then the name type would be used. It could be useful.

It would be possible to do that, but I fear it would be potentially confusing. We'd have ~15 axes where the type filter applies to the objects produced by the axis, and 1 axis where the type filter applies to a different object.

Also, I think in most cases you would navigate to the variant via the topic name, so you could already have done the type filtering there if you needed to.

So overall I guess I'm hesitant to do this. Other opinions welcome, though.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/