[sc34wg3] CTM: Specifying datatypes

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Mon Mar 30 14:39:17 EDT 2009

[...]
> Schema datatypes have at least one string representation. And if we
> limit the datatype to xsd:string, what about our escaping rules, do we
> need an additional "raw" string literal or do we assume that the other
> datatype can happily use our de-escaped strings?

Forget this example, it applies also to the notation which we already
have in CTM:

       def xy($t, $dt)
           $t
           xy: "xy"^^$dt.
       end

       t xy(xsd:string).

       t xy(xsd:anyURI).

Here we have to de-escape the "string" part also. In the hope that the
resulting datatype can work with it.

Anyway, I am less enthusiastic to support the $v^^datatype notation if
we'd just create a special case for the input datatype xsd:string.

What's the result from the meeting, btw?

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia