[sc34wg3] The reflexiveness of isa

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Mon Mar 30 03:35:11 EDT 2009

According to the current TMRM draft the isa relation is not reflexive.
(This issue was identified by Hannes Niederhausen, but I don't see a
post from him about it, so I'm writing it up myself.)

There are two issues with this:

  - TMDM puts no restrictions on it, so the two are not exactly aligned.
    Even worse, the TMDM is less restrictive, while if we are going to
    have differences it's TMRM that should be less restrictive.

  - TMCL needs to be able to say

      tmcl:topic-type isa tmcl:topic-type .

    which means that we have a usecase for a reflexive isa.

Thoughts on this?

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/