[sc34wg3] TMCL and MAX_INT

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Feb 24 04:56:35 EST 2009

* Lars Heuer

> [Another idea] The TMCL spec stays at it is (only accepting
> xsd:integer) with the extension that "INF"^^xsd:double and "-
> INF"^^xsd:double is allowed as well. So, the TMCL processor has only
> to check if the value represents infinity or not. It does not have
> to round double values or check if the fractional part of a double
> is not zero etc.
>
> Would that work or is it too strange?

I'm not sure it helps any in specifying what's legal in the card-min
and card-max occurrences, to be honest. We still wouldn't have a
simple datatype to define in the TMCL schema.

On the other hand, the resulting schemas would certainly look better.
And we'd have to do something similar, anyway, to ensure that a
cardinality like 1 (which is not a decimal) is acceptable.

I think if we say that cardinalities must be either a non-negative
integer or Inf, that's acceptable. I think I still prefer the
cardinality topics, but I could live with this solution.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/