[sc34wg3] CTM: Semicolons

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Nov 7 05:55:32 EST 2008

Hi Prof. Lee,

[...]
> Furthermore readability and ugliness are so subjective issues. I see the
> beauty of consistent when there are always semicolons at the end of every
> statement.
[...]

It's true that this is a subjective issue, I just wondered why CTM is
so different from current languages. Ruby, Python, Groovy, Scala,
TMQL, XQuery etc. live without semicolons and CTM could live without
them but we introduce them artificially. Anyway, I think I've
published my opinion about semicolons often enough, I'll follow the
opinion of the committee. ;)

Best regards,
Lars

--