[sc34wg3] CTM: Semicolons

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Nov 4 08:39:31 EST 2008

* Lars Heuer

> Associations and template invocations *outside* of topic blocks
> require no semicolons.
>
> At TMRA'08 some suggested to introduce semicolons everywhere to make
> CTM more consistent.

I guess it's true as they say that "syntactic sugar causes cancer of
the semicolon". :-)

Anyway, it *would* be more consistent.

The result would be something like this:

   ctm isa syntax; - "Compact Topic Maps Notation";
     homepage: http://www.isotopicmaps.org/ctm/ .

   is-defined-by(defined: ctm, definer: iso);
   tmcl:isAbstract(syntax);

My knee-jerk reaction was that it was a horrible idea. Trying it out
with an example makes me less certain. I want to chew on this a bit.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/