[sc34wg3] CXTM: More Issues

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed May 14 09:00:11 EDT 2008

Hi Lars,

[...]
>> BTW, to be consistent with the whole spec., 3.14. should be changed to
>>
>>    "[...] is the empty set [...]"
>>
>> maybe.

> Unfortunately, no. We're in the middle of a list of element items
> here, we can't suddenly insert an empty set in that list.

I do not understand that, so just to ensure that we're speaking about
the same thing:

      """
      If the [item identifiers] property of an information item is
      empty it has no representation [...]
      """

Why would

      """
      If the [item identifiers] property of an information item is
      THE empty SET it has no representation [...]
      """

be a failure? "information item" refers to a Topic Maps item, not to
an XML information item, right? Scope uses that terminology (the empty
set), subject identifiers, and subject locators, too.

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia