[sc34wg3] TMQL: Annex A "Predefined Environment"

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Sat Jul 19 09:30:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Comments against TMQL draft dtd. 2008-07-15.
<http://www.isotopicmaps.org/tmql/tmql.html>

In general: The syntax is not valid acc. to the latest CTM draft,
especially ";" and "." are missing and "iko" was renamed to "ako".
If you need a reviewer who is a bit familiar with CTM, ask me.

I find it a bit suboptimal that the normative environment is a big
topic map, I'd wish that at least some functions are defined more
formally.

In my opinion at least the functions "has-datatype" and "has-variant"
are misleading. The "has-"-prefix indicates (for me) that a boolean
value is returned which is not the case. I'd prefer "datatype" and
"variant". Further, the description of the "has-variant" gives the
impression, that just one variant from each name is returned. Is that
the case?

Best regards,
Lars
--