[sc34wg3] CTM: Realistic use cases or toy examples?

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Jan 30 07:31:06 EST 2008

Hi Steve,

[...]
> The reason why I find the table misleading is that almost all
> the use cases are atypical and unrealistic (according, of
> course, to my expectation of what a typical CTM document will
> contain).

You were one of the creators of these unrealistic and atypical use
cases. You should propose better use cases, then I'll update the list.

[...]
> However, the semi-colon is not intended as a terminator; its
> purpose is to separate multiple statements clearly from each
[...]
> Neither of these may be *necessary* from the point of view of
> parsers (and those who speak on their behalf). However, CTM is
> for people, not parsers.

Exactly. That's the reason why I do not want a semicolon. Why should I
type a semicolon everywhere if this is not necessary? Several, modern
languages live without semicolons because they are simply not
necessary.

Best regards,
Lars
--