[sc34wg3] CTM - pre-Kyoto vs. post-Kyoto comparison

Steve Pepper pepper.steve at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:30:30 EST 2008

* Lars Heuer

| I started a pre-Kyoto vs. post-Kyoto comparison for CTM based
| on our CTM use cases:
|     <http://www.semagia.com/tmp/ctm-comparison.html>

There are a number of mistakes in the column representing the
consensus achieved by the working group in Kyoto. Here are more
appropriate (and realistic) solutions:

3.2.2
  john { isa person }
  !! no semi-colon after last statement

3.2.3 a)
  john { isa http://psi.example.org/music/guitarist }
  !! = only used when binding identifiers to local IDs

3.2.3 b)
  %prefix w http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
  john { isa w:Guitarist }

3.2.4
  john { isa singer, guitarist }
  # multiple statements of same type: comma-separated list

3.2.5
  b:John { isa w:Singer, w:Guitarist }

3.3.1
  john { - "John Lennon" }

3.3.2
  w:The_Beatles { - "The Beatles" }

3.3.3
  ~http://beatles.com/ {- "Official website of The Beatles"}

3.3.4
  john { - fullname "John Ono Lennon" }

3.3.5
  john { - ex:fullname "John Ono Lennon" }

3.3.6
  john { - "John Ono Lennon" @fullname }

3.3.7
  john { - "John Ono Lennon" @ex:fullname }

3.3.8
  w:The_Beatles { - "The Beatles", "Fab Four" @nickname short }

3.3.9
  john { - fullname "John Ono Lennon" @yoko }

3.3.10
  john { - "John Lennon" ("lennon, john" @tm:sort) }

3.3.11
  john { - "John Lennon"
    ("<b>John Lennon</b>"^^xs:anyType @markup)}

3.3.12
  john { - "John Lennon"
   (<http://link/to/an/image.jpg> @image) }

3.3.14
  %define member-of($member, $group) {
    o:member-of(o:Member $member, m:Group $group)
  }
  w:Paul_McCartney {
    isa          o:Person;
    o:shoesize   45;
    member-of    w:The_Beatles;
    o:homepage   <http://www.paulmccartney.com/> }

Note: The has-shoesize template is unnecessary and therefore
misleading. In addition, I have used QNames where I think they
would most likely appear in the real world.

Note also that the proposal arrived at by the Working Group in
Kyoto was based on the ballot draft, not the later, intermediate
draft.

As mentioned in my previous posting, only 3.3.14 is really
typical.

Steve

--
Conference Chair, Topic Maps 2008