[sc34wg3] CTM - prefix declaration

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Tue Jan 29 06:20:01 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:58:19AM +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> >  %prefix a http://example
> >  %prefix b http://example
> >
> > should be harmful?
>
> You've misread. I did the same thing at first. The above is not
> illegal, according to N0975, but the following is:
>
> %prefix a http://example.com
> %prefix a http://example.org

Ah, thanks!

--

So, if I import a CTM file which happens to use the same prefix as I
did, I have to do a renaming? I thought that prefixes are purely

And to think now as an implementor, do I need to keep track of the
prefixes over the boundaries of the CTM files (streams), just to
detect that a double use is a violation? Isn't this a case of
"allowing it is much simpler than disallowing it"?

\rho