[sc34wg3] CTM ? semantics

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Feb 15 08:35:59 EST 2008

Hi Graham,

[...]
> In templates you often want to create a new topic, and use it locally
> without giving it a subject identifier. Can we have that behaviour back
> please?

The template defines its own scope. If you create a topic via ?foo
within a template, ?foo is not visible outside of the template (unless
you use ?foo as parameter to call another template).

?foo   # -> topic 1

def tpl()
    ?foo # -> topic 2
    tpl2(?foo)      # tpl2 gets "topic 2"
end

def tpl2($x)
   [...]
end

?foo  # -> topic 1

Yes, it's not that clear from the spec., but it's clear in my mind and
I'll transfer my thoughts into the spec asap. ;)

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com