[sc34wg3] CTM ? semantics

Graham Moore gra at networkedplanet.com
Fri Feb 15 02:22:31 EST 2008

This is the example in the spec...

# A topic with a unique, randomly created item identifier. Within the
CTM
# document it is not possible to reference this topic by item
identifier.
? - "A topic"

# A topic with a unique, randomly created item identifier which may be
# referenced again within the CTM document.
?foo - "A new, unique topic"

# Another reference to the same topic later in the document
?foo isa subject

In templates you often want to create a new topic, and use it locally
without giving it a subject identifier. Can we have that behaviour back
please?

If not maybe a include a GUID function so we can create unique
identifiers ;)

Graham

Graham Moore, Director, Networked Planet Limited
Editor XTM 1.0, ISO13250 (TopicMaps) -2,-3, TMCL
e: graham.moore at networkedplanet.com
w: www.networkedplanet.com
t: +44 1865 811131
m: +44 7769658611 (UK)
m: +47 45271713   (Norway)

Networked Planet Limited is registered in England and Wales, no. 5273377