[sc34wg3] TMCL: 4.4.6

Graham Moore gra at networkedplanet.com
Thu Feb 14 08:37:38 EST 2008

Agreed, a bit messy. The intent, is as you say, that there can be no
direct instances of vehicle.

We really need the notion of direct and indirect instances.

Coming down on one side or other will lead to issues. i.e. if we go for,
validation only occurs on the 'raw' tmdm before the entailment rules are
applied it will resolve this issue but likely cause pain in many other
situations.

One options is that we have axis for ALL_INSTANCES and DIRECT_INSTANCES
in tmql, and tmcl can simply use them to express what it needs. These
axis are considered to be dynamic run time axis. Its just a view onto
the instance. This approach would then work for other inferred
associations.

Graham

Graham Moore, Director, Networked Planet Limited
Editor XTM 1.0, ISO13250 (TopicMaps) -2,-3, TMCL
e: graham.moore at networkedplanet.com
w: www.networkedplanet.com
t: +44 1865 811131
m: +44 7769658611 (UK)
m: +47 45271713   (Norway)

Networked Planet Limited is registered in England and Wales, no. 5273377