[sc34wg3] TMQL: function-invocation and parameters

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Dec 5 07:22:36 EST 2008

Hi all,

TMQL defines a function invocation as follows (abbreviated):

    [36] function-invocation ::= item-reference parameters
    [37] parameters ::= tuple-expression
                      | named-parameters

and tuple-expression is defined as:

    [24] tuple-expression ::= '(' value-expression ('asc'|'desc')?
                                 (',' value-expression('asc'|'desc')?)*
                              ')'

I wonder why 'asc' / 'desc' should be allowed for function invocations
and I have the suspicion that "parameters" references
"tuple-expression" to save a grammar production. If my suspicion is
correct I propose to add an explicit "parameters" grammar rule which
does not reference "tuple-expression". If my suspicion is not correct
and the reference to "tuple-expression" is not a cheap trick ;) I like
to know why a tuple expression is needed.

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia