[sc34wg3] TMCL- 4, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 7

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Thu Aug 21 16:08:51 EDT 2008

Greetings!

Just a formatting error but one that will come back to haunt us when
ITTF sees the text for publication:

Clauses 4, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 7 are incorrect.

If there are multiple clauses following a main clause, then the main
clause should not have any content.

Paragraph 3 does it correctly.

To correct paragraph 4, for example, it would read:

4. TMCL

4.1 General

TMCL defines constraint types and .....

Note that as re-written, a reference to 4.1 General, makes it possible
to unambiguously reference that material. As originally written, if I
said 4 TMCL, did I mean the content immediately following 4 or did I
mean all of 4, including all its subsections? Can't say.

This particular issue can be solved by simply inserting a "General"
clause in each case.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--