[sc34wg3] CXTM draft for review

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Mon Apr 14 08:52:57 EDT 2008

Hi Lars,

> We now have a new CXTM draft ready for review at:
>    http://www.isotopicmaps.org/cxtm/

We discussed this stuff already a bit and you explained the base
locator and why it's needed here:
<http://wega.tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/ueberall/misc/logs/archive/%23topicmaps20080411.html#2008-04-11T14:46:20+02:00>

The reasons are logical and I accept that the base locator cannot be
part of the CXTM representation but I find it still a bit strange /
uncomfortable that the CXTM representation is not 'universality
valid'.

To cut the long story short: Wouldn't it help, if the locators for the
CXTM representation have to be resolved against a 'well known' base
locator, i.e. against <http://www.topicmaps.org/cxtm/base>?

The document IRI of the source becomes unimportant then. And I believe
that a CXTM representation is then 'universality valid'.

Comments?

Best regards,
Lars
--