[sc34wg3] TMQL: Keywords - Reserved or not?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Wed Oct 31 05:32:41 EDT 2007

* Robert Barta

> I am not yet convinced that 'select', 'where', .... have to be
> promoted to "reserved", more to that what they are already via the
> grammar.
>
> If the grammar says
>
>   "a following terminal 'select' means "we start a SELECT expression"
>
> then this is all what is necessary. I personally have no problem
> with this:
>
>   select select / name
>   where
>      where / homepage == "http://where.com"
>
> I find this more robust and defensive than actually defining
> keywords, because then this would not be possible

I tend to agree with Robert here. So I guess the issue (tmql-reserved-
keywords) is whether or not this really is a problem technically. If
it is not a technical problem it seems like we should just leave it
alone. Unless someone speaks up to say this bothers them, that is.

And, of course, we should verify whether or not this really is an issue.

--Lars M.