[sc34wg3] TMQL and XML

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Oct 30 04:52:52 EDT 2007

* Lars Heuer

> a) If I understand the current draft correctly, the following
> queries are valid: [...]
>        return $x
>
>    Question: Do we need that? Is it possible to limit the XML stuff to
>    the "return" clause of the FLWOR clauses?

I've noted this as an issue for discussion (tmql-xml-everywhere).

So far it seems like Robert's argument is technical simplicity (fewer
rules) and Lars's argument is conceptual simplicity (these queries
make no sense).

I'm with Lars on this, but it would be interesting to hear what
others think.

The (b) issue seems to have died, although I'm sympathetic to Lars's
point of view on that, too.

--Lars M.