[sc34wg3] TMQL: Operators

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Mon Oct 29 04:18:42 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 06:45:51PM +0200, Lars Heuer wrote:

> 4.11 Value Expressions
> ----------------------
> [33] infix-operator  ::= ...any in the predefined environment...
> [34] prefix-operator ::= ...any in the predefined environment...

> Yes, everybody can study Annex A, but it would be nice if the
> predefined infix/prefix-ops would be more obvious.

Not "everybody can". "Everybody must". Annex A is normative.

I see your point, but there is also the editorial point that ALL
functions with ALL their aspects (name, pre/post/in-fix, meaning,
parameters....) should be described _in ONE single spot_. And maybe
even in a rather declarative way.

> BTW: I hope, that the functions are defined somewhere more
> explicitly?  Either in the TMQL document or in a separated doc. The
> current description (encoded in CTM) lacks of some information
> (i.e. how does the syntax for RegExes look like etc.).

Well, they have to be described within the TMQL standard as they are
an integral part. True, there are some omissions in defining these
functions. Probably the biggest yet is a precise description what each
of them is doing.

\rho
--
And then he said: "You should read my blog." http://kill.devc.at/