[sc34wg3] CTM: Proposal for %mergemap directive

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Nov 21 08:35:16 EST 2007

Hi Jirka,

[...]
> you could use something like:

> %notation xtm http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/
> %mergemap http://example.org/ xtm

> Of course it would make sense to predefine ctm and xtm notations, so you
> don't have to repeat them in every CTM file.

Thanks for your answer. Your proposal is a possible way to go, but we
have to keep the meaningful EOL delimiter after the mergemap
directive (or steal "xtm" and "ctm" from possible topic identifiers).

Example:

    %mergemap http://example.org/file
    xtm

Could be interpreted as:
  a) mergemap directive followed by a topic with the id 'xtm'
  b) mergemap directive using XML syntax

If we keep the meaningful EOL delimiter, the interpretation would be
(a) in all cases. If we steal "xtm" and "ctm" from the possible topic
identifiers (b) is the solely interpretation.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com