[sc34wg3] Virtual meetings?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Fri Mar 30 15:59:40 EDT 2007

* Jirka Kosek

> I concur and I think that teleconferences are very good idea.

I agree.

> My experience is that having parallel IRC chat for posting URLs, short
> code samples, etc is very useful. As our groups is not very large I
> think that this should be enough. For larger number of attendees it is
> good to use some agents like W3C's Zakim which can manage connection
> between phone numbers and IRC nick names, queue requests for
> talking, etc.

My experience is also that IRC is excellent for out-of-band
communication. It tends to be that on the phone only one person can
talk at any one time, but IRC has no such limitation, and this can be
a great timesaver.

We can use this channel

   http://wega.tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/ueberall/misc/logs/

for meetings. This has the benefit that it's already being logged.
Alternatively Ontopia has an IRC server that could be used.

--Lars M.