[sc34wg3] Interesting issue: electronic resource with dynamic IRI

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Tue Jul 17 14:45:18 EDT 2007

Greetings!

One of my students has encountered an interesting problem writing a
topic map that has addressable subjects.

The subject in question has a generated IRI that changes with each access.

Granted that there probably is (from within the system) a stable IRI for
the subject but that is not knowable to someone outside the system.

My first inclination is that they should create a PSI for the subject.

Alternatives?

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Acting Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, OpenDocument Format (OASIS, ISO/IEC 26300)