[sc34wg3] Leipzig meeting of WG3

Motomu Naito motom at green.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Sep 20 08:56:21 EDT 2006

Dear Pepper-san,

At 01:05 06/09/18, you wrote:
>Dear Naito-san,
>
>Thank you for your email.
>
>Unfortunately WG3 will only have three days available for discussions in
>Leipzig and, as I am sure you understand, we must give priority to work
>items that are already on our program. Therefore I cannot guarantee that
>it will be possible to allocate the time you have requested at this meeting.
>
>I am not familiar with the concept of “visual topics” and I think this
>probably applies to most people in WG3. New concepts and ideas can be
>brought to the attention of WG3 either by publishing a conference paper or
>by submitting an official document to SC34. Does such a paper or document
>exist? If so, please provide pointers to it.
>
>If not, perhaps you could consider producing a poster for TMRA (if it is
>not too late: conferences often accept posters at the last minute).
>Failing this, I would suggest that you and Andres-san put your ideas into
>a document and submit it to SC34 (perhaps as a contribution from the
>Japanese National Body). This will make it easier to take a decision on
>whether or not to allocate time at a future WG3 meeting.
>
>Of course, if we have time to spare after finishing our other business in
>Leipzig, it might be possible for you to give your presentation, but
>please prepare some kind of document anyway.

I understand.
Andres-san and I will try to make document and to submit it to SC34.
Thank you for your advice.

Best regards,

Motomu Naito

>Best regards,
>

>--
>Steve Pepper
>
>Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3
>Conference Chair, Topic Maps 2007

Motomu Naito <motom at green.ocn.ne.jp>
CEO, Knowledge Synergy Inc.
3-747-4-203, Kusunokidai, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-0037 Japan
http://www.knowledge-synergy.com/
phone: +81-4-2993-0519  cell phone: +81-90-4926-1306
Delegate to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3 (Topic Maps WG) from Japan