[sc34wg3] Leipzig meeting of WG3

Motomu Naito motom at green.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Sep 13 11:01:41 EDT 2006

Dear Pepper-san,

Frederic Andres-san and I would like to have one or two hour presentation
for visual topics and related metadata. Please fit the presentation into
the Leipzig meeting.

The purposes to make standardized visual topics and related metadata are:

$B!!(B- enable uniform description of visual topics,
$B!!(B- encourage the usage of visual topics where textual topics have semantic
limitation, and
$B!!(B- improve the metadata support of visual topics

To support visual topics is a key issue to improve knowledge understanding
according to various scopes. Also metadata framework for visual topics
should benefit from existing standardized metadata sets such VRA, AAT, CDWA...

It enable to use image or picture to basename.

Best regards,

Motomu Naito

At 19:12 06/08/23, you wrote:
>First of all: thank you to everyone who attended the Montreal meeting. I
>have forwarded a meeting summary and notes from some of the discussions to
>Ken. They will appear in the SC34 document repository shortly. [1]
>
>Our next meeting will take place in Leipzig on October 13-15 in
>conjunction with TMRA$BC(B6. [2]
>
>Note the slight change compared to the dates that were agreed at the
>Seoul meeting (i.e., October 12-15). Since TMRA$BC(B6 is actually October
>10-12, WG3 cannot start its meeting until the October 13. This means that
>we only have three days. I suggest that project editors consider having
>their own (open?) Editors Meetings on October 16.
>
>Project Editors are also requested to send me new drafts before September
>13 so that they can be distributed for National Body Review four weeks
>before the start of the meeting. Drafts received after this date cannot be
>guaranteed to be reviewed by National Bodies.
>
>I hope that we can make lots of progress in Leipzig. 13250 seems to be
>coming together very nicely at the moment, and both 18048 and 19756 are
>progressing well, so 2007 could be the year in which large parts of our
>work are finalized.
>
>Finally: We need to start considering when and where to hold our next WG3
>meeting. My proposal is that we collocate with Topic Maps 2007, to be held
>in Oslo on March 20-21. Possible dates are therefore March 17-19 or March 22-24.
>
>Best regards,
>
>--
>Steve Pepper
>
>Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3
>
>[1]
><http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0800.htm>http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0800.htm
>[2] http://www.tmra.de

Motomu Naito <motom at green.ocn.ne.jp>
CEO, Knowledge Synergy Inc.
3-747-4-203, Kusunokidai, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-0037 Japan
http://www.knowledge-synergy.com/
phone: +81-4-2993-0519  cell phone: +81-90-4926-1306
Delegate to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3 (Topic Maps WG) from Japan