[sc34wg3] XTM 1.0-style reification and TMDM

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Nov 8 11:30:49 EST 2006

Hi Lars,

> Lars Heuer brought up the issue of what happens when in a topic map
> some construct and some topic have the same URI as item identifier
> and subject identifier, respectively.
[...]
> I think I have convinced myself that we can stick to the line that
> this doesn't mean anything in TMDM, and that the old XTM 1.0
> reification can be confined to XTM 1.0.

+1

> The only problem with this is
> that we have no official document to write this up in, but then we
> have no official document specifying the rest of the XTM 1.0
> interpretation, so I guess this isn't really an issue.

Well, IMO it would be failure not to document it. Why do we not add a
page with backwards incompatible breaks to
http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/ ?

This page already contains a lot of non-standard documents (like the
FAQ, the link to an Ontopia TM etc.).

I think it would be good to have something we can point users of XTM
1.0 to. Something more official than a mail in this list.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com