[sc34wg3] Must names have a type?

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Mar 22 11:30:34 EST 2006

Hi Lars,

[...]
> I'd be very interested to get feedback on this, since this is an
> issue that could do with more discussion.

IMO it's okay to make the "instanceOf" element optional (as defined in
the the current XTM draft). Why should a human specify the default
name type again and again if the smart TM processor in the
neighbourhood can do this automatically?

A counterargument might be that humans shouldn't take care about
authoring XTM and so there is no need for them to remember and
specify the default name type.

I am mostly neutral on this issue with a small preference keep the
"instanceOf" element for names optional.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://semagia.com