[sc34wg3] Possible TMRM issue

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ontopia.net
Tue Mar 21 04:39:13 EST 2006

* Robert Barta

> The structure you describe is not the one on which we settled in TMRM
> (see below).

In that case I must have missed a draft, which is entirely possible.

> Instead, we fell back to what we originally had in the earliest
> incarnation of the model: labels (aka 'internal identifiers) which are
> magically glued to proxies (entanglement :-).

Okay. That helps resolve my worry, although the other approach was
somewhat more elegant. I value implementability over elegance,
though, so I'm not complaining.

> They are like fingerprints (I actually use MD5 over the proxy
> content here). So the current model differs from what you describe
> above: [...]

Is it not possible that if there is a function label(proxy) we still
get the same problem, but that it's now hidden inside the label
function?

--
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian               http://www.ontopia.net
+47 98 21 55 50                             http://www.garshol.priv.no